Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#74616 - 03/15/03 04:30 PM That's it. I'm done.
MW1
veteran

I have grown tired of all the libel and personal attacks against me and I find it deplorable that Arch refuses to do anything about them. By allowing the SGC forum to revert to a place where trolls can anonymously attack me, Arch has made it impossible for me to post here without someone accusing me of a dozen different things. It's sick. I'm sorry the hobby has reverted to this state and I'm sorry this message board lacks the proper Terms of Use enforcement.

In parting, I'd like to thank all of the SGC collectors for their support and I wish you only the best in all of your collecting endeavors!

#74617 - 03/15/03 04:39 PM Re: That's it. I'm done. [Re: MW1]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

I never thought I'd live to see the day when Mike Wentz throws in the towel.

#74618 - 03/16/03 06:37 AM Re: That's it. I'm done. [Re: MW1]
hammer
Carpal Tunnel

Michael, I picked up the towel and threw it back towards your corner. You HAVE to come back in the "ring"!!!

#74619 - 03/16/03 06:38 AM C'mon...suck it up & stay...we want you to [Re: MW1]
estang
(S)uper Collector

Your insight and passion for the hobby is much appreciated here. By giving in to a handful of folks who have differing opinions, with alterior motives is not the tact to take here. Hope you stay and continue to keep us informed; I would appreciate it!

Erik

#74620 - 03/16/03 07:02 AM YO ADRIAN!! [Re: MW1]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

I'm thinking of a scene from Rocky where Mickey tells Rock to stay down.
Well, Rocky gets up and continues to kick butt while getting his face
mangled. And this leads him to eventually win the title and make lots
of money. And he even turns Adrian into a decent looking babe on top
of it all.

Anyhow, my point is don't let Arch keep you down on the canvas!

If you don't get up the rest of us (a bunch of Paulies) might be lost.
We need to stick together to continue to see Sgc succeed or we'll
be stuck (i.e. in a meat factory or bustin fingers for the numbers guy).

And remember if Rock stayed down in Rocky... there wouldn't have
been a Rocky II to Rocky V.... allright... forget about Rocky V... bad
example...

So get your stuff back in the locker and let's kick some leon tush!!!

aconte

#74621 - 03/16/03 11:12 AM Re: YO ADRIAN!! [Re: aconte]
Redsfan
Just got here

I've been reading the boards for the past couple of weeks now and hopefully there will be more time devoted to discussing sgc cards and collecting. Maybe all of the mw posts will go away now and there will actually be discussions involving card collecting.

Redsfan

#74622 - 03/16/03 11:20 AM Re: YO ADRIAN!! [Re: Redsfan]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Actually, it's really the trolls from the other board, who went scorched earth. I have no doubt that MW will return in time.

#74623 - 03/16/03 01:19 PM Re: That's it. I'm done. [Re: MW1]
HonusWagner
Hobbyist

Loc: Toronto, Ontario

What a shame. Are you really gone for good this time? Just because of Leon? Why can't you just ignore this troll and keep up with your posts? If any of these anonymous posting trolls attack you, just ignore them.

Second of all, I can't understand why Arch would ignore MW's requests. Why on earth is Leon(Dan Markel) still here? This troll should have been kicked out of here a long time ago.

Dan, we all know that you are Leon. Let me get one thing straight with you, MW NEVER makes up stories. MW is NOT a liar, and if he claimed that you called him up once and admitted using mutliple IDs in order to protect CU and PSA's reputation then I believe him 100%. So why hide? If you hate MW and SGC then why come here and start trouble? You know what you need to do, Dan? You need to pull your head out of MW's a55 and move on.

Honus

#74624 - 03/19/03 11:10 AM Re: That's it. I'm done. [Re: MW1]
Fabfrank
(S)uper Collector

MW1, reconsider. These boards were a refreshing alternative on the sea of collecting until all the flotsam and jetsam found it's way here. My only suggestion would be to ignore the senseless posts and personal attacks. Respond only to those people who want to discuss collecting with you. We are all entitled to freedom of speech regardless of how inflammatory some comments are. The good thing is that we are also allowed to have selective hearing and don't have to respond to everything we hear or read.
Take the high road Mike. These boards would not have grown without your input. By pulling out you give the trolls what they want. Ignore them and eventually they will crawl back under their rocks.

#74625 - 03/19/03 11:27 AM Re: That's it. I'm done. [Re: MW1]
The_Man_Of_Steel
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Smallville

In reply to:

I have grown tired of all the libel and personal attacks against me

I can understand your frustration, but please reconsider leaving. Your not alone in your views and personal attacks are just that. People resort to personal attacks because they are wrong, know they are wrong, and don't have anything else to say except for lowering themselves to personal insults which does not do anything except make them look bad.

In reply to:

and I find it deplorable that Arch refuses to do anything about them.

...again, I understand what your saying and I don't necessarily agree with Arch's public justice either look at the Strike records and you will find a warning against me. You should have read the post I was responding to. I was being quite gentle in my response, but anyway, what's done is done. The bottom line is this, we can't depend on a moderator to take care of everything for us. If someone is upsetting you and Arch does nothing, ignore the person that (probably on purpose to spite you) is making you angry.

In reply to:

By allowing the SGC forum to revert to a place where trolls can anonymously attack me, Arch has made it impossible for me to post here without someone accusing me of a dozen different things.

MW1, I don't know all the details, and I'm one of the lowely comic guys, but I've read some of your posts, and have enjoyed what I read. Your an upstanding, thoughtful, and intellegent poster, it would be a great loss to loose your contributions to the board. Maybe it would be best to just take a few days away from the boards and then maybe spend a few days just reading posts.

In reply to:

It's sick. I'm sorry the hobby has reverted to this state and I'm sorry this message board lacks the proper Terms of Use enforcement.

Hey now, it's not the hobby, it's a few people on a messagboard. I think that EVERYONE (myself included) could stand to learn to be more sensitive to other viewpoints and opinons. It's one thing to have an intelligent discussion where there is disagreement, and it's entirely another thing to have what we have at times called a "pissing match" where people on both sides exchange insults back and forth.

Anyway, if you want to talk about it, send me a PM. I would be thrilled to talk with you.

Your fellow collector (of other collectables),

M.O.S.
"It may sound absurd, but don't be naive, Even Heroes have the right to bleed, I may be disturbed, but won't you conceed, Even Heroes have the right to dream, It's not easy to be me" - Five For Fighting

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.