Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#79776 - 03/25/03 03:16 PM is there any way we could
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

talk sgc into redesigning the flips. i love the holders and think they are the best in the biz.
my ideas
1 lose the web address(maybe put it on the back) and center the "SGC" on the top of the flip.
2 lose the split grade. maybe go to the 1 to 10 system with keeping the half grades.i believe this will get more people to recognize the sgc brand. especially the newer crowd.
believe it or not and i still don't, i listed a few graded cards on ebay last week for the first time in over a year. somebody asked me what psa stood for. i told him thinking it was a joke. he replied with "do they charge for this service and were are they located" he also went into detail about the thousands of cards from the 50's and 60's he had. if this was for real there are still people out there that don't know about graded cards,so why confuse them any more with the 92 = 8.5 stuff.
3 darken the font and make the number just a couple pixs bigger.
4 before i get the wrath about how everyone thinks that the holders are the best. i agree it's not the holders it the flips.

just my

#79777 - 03/25/03 03:22 PM phatty has a better idea [Re: jackstraw]
Phatty
There's a fine line between clever and stupid - Spinal Tap

Loc: is phatty back?

is there any way that all grading companies could improve their flips? phatty was thinking that maybe there's enough room for a small cheeseburger instead. sometimes phatty wishes that all collectors were as idealistic as him.

#79778 - 03/25/03 03:28 PM Re: phatty has a better idea [Re: Phatty]
jackstraw
Talkative?

bouffie was thinking maybe they can grade phatty's cards while eating fried chicken?so if they get any grease on his cards he can crack them out and sniff them and it will then remind him of the days before his "colon blockage".
sort of like the smell of topps bubble gum brings me back to the day of ripping packs and stuffin as much gum in my mouth as possible.

#79779 - 03/25/03 04:59 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: jackstraw]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Bouffard,

I like the half grades. They improve the accuracy overall.

aconte

#79780 - 03/25/03 05:41 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: aconte]
jackstraw
Talkative?

aconte,
agreed, i like the half grades too. i wish they would choose one system or the other.
lets face it collectors and dealers can relate to an 8.5 and explain it to a potential customer easier than having to go through the explaining of the 1 to 100 scale and how it works.
a new person entering this hobby would think that a 92 is a better grade than an 8.5, would you agree?

#79781 - 03/25/03 06:06 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: jackstraw]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

I would agree.

But I do think that anyone entering the arena of graded cards need to
do research too. And after some learning I don't think the split grades
would be a big deal. I guess it is one way to identify Sgc. I guess
from my point of view is based on the fact I've been using Sgc for
some time now.

aconte

#79782 - 03/25/03 07:09 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: aconte]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

I would have no objection to redesigning the flips, but I like 1-100 scale. In a fundamental way, it expresses SGC distinctiveness. SGC has the old fashioned 1-10 scale listed so there is nothing lost. SGC must continue to be distinctive.

#79783 - 03/25/03 09:18 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: vayank]
tegelaar
Hobbyist

Loc: Boston

I agree with Bouffard and I would rather have a 1 to 10 scale with split grades. The casual collector should not have to figure out what a SGC 70 equates to on a 1-10 scale. Even with the number below people get confused. Plus, if converting to the 10 scale is what everyone does, and it is, why not just make your scale 1 to 10. It only makes sense to have a 100 scale if there are 100 different grades. Also, why doesn't SGC have a 6.5?

One question then though would be what does SGC 100 equate to? I guess you could just write "Pristine" where the number would go.

-Jim

#79784 - 03/26/03 04:59 AM Re: is there any way we could [Re: tegelaar]
jackstraw
Talkative?

jim,
i agree. sgc could stay with the 1 to 100 scale on the older stuff say pre 80.maybe they can use the dual grade on the newer stuff, or better yet you could request one or the other on your submission form.

i guess i'm up to 6 now.

#79785 - 03/29/03 09:12 PM Re: is there any way we could [Re: jackstraw]
Dungeon
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Still Married!

I dont like the 100 point system either. Stick with the 1-10. The label could also be better. I do like the classic black border design though. Style!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 12 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.