Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#9119 - 12/31/02 02:35 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: downgoesfrazier]
77collector
Learning the Ropes

Loc: The SGC boards

77s - As you know I have been registered.

I retracted my previous "award winning" post. It came out of frustration for reasons you already know. The right thing to do was edit it and work on getting back to simply having fun with sportscards.

I asked for details and not only did I get an honest and candid answer, you answered my "other rants" as well. Like I said, "I agree...pretty much word for word." After a "timeout" and some thought, schizophrenic is a bad description for both of us. Frustrated is more fitting.

I wish I had gotten that impression in the first place. I made some incorrect assumptions of your "style". The internet, of course, still has that problem where a reader cannot get a feel for the "tone" that verbal communications provide.

I am not accusing you of anything going forward...except being one of the most passionate collectors I've ever run into, who does have some of the nicest late 70s/early 80s Topps cards ever made, regardless of which slab they reside in. Like it or not, you have made valuable contributions to my hobby knowledge and for that I thank you.

I make a public apology to all on the boards, of course especially 77s, for venting frustration here.

Should be interesting to see what changes the hobby brings "us" in 2003.

Good Luck on your set!

#9120 - 12/31/02 04:26 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: 77collector]
81GURU
Just got here

Hmm,

Well this is my first post and I go under gator5 on the psa board which I do find
to be brutal if your not a psa fan...

But this is my take on the whole deal for know a little on the grading
take. GAI is coming and coming with a quickness for their cards aren't liquid
at the moment but I have invested some pocket change in the vintage and
what can I say pretty solid not to mention I think the holders are sweet with
some pretty nifty feature with the #"s on the top of the holders...Do I think
they'll stick who knows but their brewing up a storm....And now is the time
for psa's downfall for alot of big hitters are drawing restless with inconsistency...

For a person as myself I'm finding a hard time getting my cards the correct
grades for I focus all in 81' topps and dabble in some other areas but when
someone is submitting 40 of my 8's and turning 35 9's and a ten I find this
absurd...For psa is to the point in the later 70's and 80's of taking dead issues
and plopping 10's out for the average submitter for later submissions...Then
taking guys like me with 200k++++++++still going...Won't let me blow up the
pop....

I can go on and on with stories so if you folks like to here anti psa I can let
it fly...But lets not be anti gai for untill you start buying the card you don't know
and when you do start buying to find out whoops thats look to be a market!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt aka 81 guru

#9121 - 12/31/02 04:37 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: 81GURU]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Welcome 81GURU.

aconte

#9122 - 12/31/02 07:29 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: aconte]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

81Guru, welcome. I am not at all anti-GAI, though I am a SGC guy first, last and always. Fact is, GAI's founders have been trailblazers in the industry and continue to manifest a forward-thinking vision.

#9123 - 12/31/02 08:11 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: vayank]
downgoesfrazier
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Summer of '77

Yank,
I had no idea Bill Walton and Clyde Drexler worked for GAI!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Our sets just got another year older!

WELCOME TO THE GURU!!!

#9124 - 12/31/02 03:55 PM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: downgoesfrazier]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Happy New Year's Folks!

Edited by vayank (12/31/02 03:56 PM)

#9125 - 12/31/02 03:55 PM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: downgoesfrazier]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

... and yes, they are SPOOKED... ...

Edited by vayank (12/31/02 03:59 PM)

#9126 - 01/01/03 02:46 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: vayank]
downgoesfrazier
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Summer of '77

Yank...my best one-liner of 2002 and I get nothing?!?!
Anyway, I just wanted to be the first poster of 2003...

#9127 - 01/02/03 12:48 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: 81GURU]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Hello 81GURU (Matt) and welcome.

I found out how unloving the other board can be when I weighed in on the resubmission from Heaven where all the vast majority of your 8's got transformed into 9's and a 10 (my first post and I started with a bang!). It boggles my mind that anyone can think that this is acceptable. Oh well, shows how much I know!

Again, welcome.

Scott

#9128 - 01/02/03 10:47 AM Re: GA has PSA Heads Spooked [Re: srs1a]
81GURU
Just got here

Srs and All

Pay no attention for alot of them are strictly buyers and band wagon folk...Yet don't get me wrong alot of knowledge is their to gain...Alot of great collectors for I have dealt with alot of them with my vintage that I have latched on to..

As for the submission from heaven I have no answers for this is the power of psa I'm sick of complaining and bitching it makes me sound like a poor sport but I can tell you this is not the case...Just somebody that know what he's talking about for I can honestly say I've looked at more pack fresh 81's in one year than anyones lifetime and I'd put my collection on it...

So here I sit after just looking at my latest submission, stunned 5 cards all 8's and a 5...The 5 is granted for it's a koufax rookie but should have been a 6...As for the 8's I'll take 1 but the other 3 are nuts...3 61's all in gai 9 holders cracked and sent to psa whats to grade...4 razors centered 5050 and the best image around...No clue...I know what I'm talking about you either have it or you don't I'm not a wisher and don't crunch #'s on what ifs...You have to look at it as in my shoes a up and cummer that has his hands on some quality stuff...But everytime I complain I feel as if I'm wrong!!!!!!!! Which is usually not the case...SO here I sit baffled on what to do for I need the liquid which means psa...I wish I wasn't in this situation...Thanks to all for hearing me vent...

Matt

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.