Not sure if any of you were at SportsFest and heard this information, if not you can read up on it at the CU Forum on this thread. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=203971

I was all in favor of this in the mid to late 90's for accuracy in grading. When PSA was being run my Rocchi he said that they would never adopt a half point system because of the perception that it would give the public--that PSA had no faith in their 1 to 10 system and was therefore abandoning it. Rocchi's predecessor, Orlando felt the same way and has said so publicly. That was then but this is now.

I think that it is quite clear from those who have posted on the above thread on the CU boards that they would not be happy if PSA were to adopt this change. Jim Crandall, who is one of several people who have significant investments in PSA holders, has clearly voiced his opinion on the matter rejecting the idea.

It will be interesting to see what PSA decides to do. Many have always felt that PSA does what is best for PSA short term without regard for the masses. And that much of what they do is motivated by the few businesses that account for the bulk of their modern submissions, which represents a majority of their business. After 10 years and 6 million cards it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Personally I think that it would mark the end of the PSA dynasty. I do not think that people like Crandall will have much say since they are already 90% done with their sets and are not the ones who are contributing materially to PSA's bottom line. If PSA were to do this I see this as an opportunity for SGC and GAI to grow their services.

Greg