I just added these two cards to my 1933 Goudey set. The Waite Hoyt card was an upgrade from Sgc 84 and the Fred Leach an upgrade from SGC 70.

Nevermind that the Hoyt was a very tough card, it has an SGC Power Rating of 3 which goes for any old minor Hall of Famer. The Leach which is also a toughie has an SGC Power Rating of 1 like any common.

Now here is where it gets interesting. At least to me.

My Hall of Famer Waite Hoyt upgrade from SGC 84 to 88 was worth a mere .04 Set Superiority Points while my common Fred Leach upgrade from SGC 70 to 86 was worth the same!

So, I was thinking, the Hoyt SGC 88 upgrade cost me about $700. I paid about $1,100 and should get $400 selling the SGC 84. That's $175 per .01 Set Priority Points.

Whereas, the Leach SGC 86 upgrade cost me about $100. I paid about $150 and should get $50 selling the SGC 70. That's only $25 per .01 Set Priority Points!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)

Do any of you consider the cost of a card versus the Set Priority Points you get by adding the card to your set? For example, do you ever think you would rather upgrade a few commons rather than one Hall of Famer, and get a bigger bang for the same or much less bucks?

RGOLD 33 GOUDEY

AVERAGE WEIGHTED SET SCORE: 86.94
COMPLETION: 99%
SET SUPERIORITY: 83.05
USER NAME: rgold
MEMBER'S EMAIL: rgold7000@aol.com