What set, vintage or otherwise, any year, do you believe to be the most underrated? In other words, for the sheer beauty of the design, or the number of rookies or any other criteria, do you feel a set is not as appreciated as it should be?

I'll go with 1963 Topps. The colored borders make for a very colorful design and the yellow/black backs are easy to read. The high numbers are not difficult and the semi-highs aren't all that tough either. Unless of course you're trying to complete it in high grade.

Under appreciated rookies include Oliva, Freehan, Staub and Dave McNally, none of whom are in the Hall, but all of whom played on Pennant Winners, if not World Champions, at one time in their careers. The Combo cards are outstanding (Pirates-Buc Blasters, Yankees-Bombers Best, Dodgers-Big Three, plus Mays/Musial and Aaron/Banks). Musial's last card is a big plus. Brock as a Cub, Cepeda as a Giant. Frank Robinson as a Red, Bunning as a Tiger. Colavito as a Tiger and Ashburn as a Met!! Duke Snider as Met, but in a Dodgers uniform!!! Classic trivia question answers from a era when players didn't jump from team to team for just the money.

I suppose the reason for the "lack of love" might be the floating heads on the rookie cards and the league leaders. But that's about the only thing I can find wrong with the set. I once had a complete set in high grade (8+ on the other Registry), sold it and now wish I didn't.

What is your opinion of the most Under Rated Set?
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.