I subscribe to SCD's weekly issue and every week I see an ad with vintage baseball cards from Polo Grounds out of Plantation Florida. Anyone have any experiences with them as a dealer and specifically about the accuracy in their own evaluation of grading raw vintage cards.

Quite a few of their raw cards are listed as "MT" or Mint condition. They show grades for NRMT MT, NRMT+, NRMT, EXMT, EX+ and EX, which leads me to believe they are very careful in their raw card grading. Has anyone here purchased a "MT" or Mint card from them and was their grade accurate? They are also note they are a PSA dealer on their ad and web site. They also have a 10year SCD Customer Service award and they have 3038 positive feedbacks on ebay with zero negatives.

What grabs my attention with the amount of MT cards in their ad is that there's examples of the same cards in PSA 8 priced considerbly higher than their raw MT version. Seems rather odd to me. Examples from the SCD November 7th issue that fit this are:

1953 Bob Feller PSA 8 at $800, while a "NRMT MT" of same card is $185.00
1954 Willie Mays PSA 8 at $2700, while a NRMT MT of same card is $900
1962 Roberto Clemente PSA 8 at $450, while a "MT" of same card is $350
1963 Sandy Koufax PSA 8 at $550, while a "MT" of same card is $400

I will likely contact them about this and what their guarantee is behind the "MT" assertions that they make. They sure do have a stellar reputation by all accounts and have some nice cards that I'd like to add to my collection.

Just want to verify this with anyone here that have some experience with their "MT" cards.

Erik